Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 4, 2021

Chocolate Chip Muffin Tops

I made some chocolate chip muffin tops this weekend for breakfast from a recipe I pinned from Pinterest.  The recipe uses cake mix as the primary ingredient.  The recipe is here.  It was really good, like cake for breakfast.  I did make some modifications.  I used Aldi's Classic White Cake Mix which is only a little over 15 ounces, short of the needed 18 ounces of cake mix.  So I added about 5 tablespoons of flour, the original recipe called for 2 tablespoons of flour.  I also used almond milk instead of cow's milk.  I don't like cow's milk, it tastes funny to me. I also subbed melted butter for the oil and used about 3/4 cup of chocolate chips.  


Aldi's white cake mix

all mixed up

I like making my muffins like cookies, no muffin pan.  That way they are like muffin tops.  The best!  

the not-so-beautiful muffin tops

rotated the pans mid-bake


all done-yum!

perfectly baked muffin tops

Have you ever made your muffins like cookies?  
~Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment