Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 19, 2021

Strawberry Refrigerator Jam

berries in jars

 I love summer!  Especially when my strawberry plants start producing.  I like to make refrigerator jam with the berries because it's a quick and effective method of processing them (especially if we don't eat them quick enough).  There's lots of recipes on the internet but the basic idea is sugar with berries and maybe some lemon for tartness.  I made my jam with approximately 4 cups of berries with 1.25 cups of sugar.  I don't really have a good ratio for the berries to sugar, so I go with the taste.  

my berry patch
How to make the jam:
pick berries
clean berries
sugar the berries
mash the berries
stir the berries occasionally
heat the berries to low boil (approximately 15-20 mins)
jar the berries
place the berries in the fridge.

rinsing the berries







a strawberry
 

                                                        



adding sugar


mash the berries



boiling berries

I hope you get the chance to try this!  Enjoy!  

~Katie





No comments:

Post a Comment