Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 18, 2014

love this soup

A while back I came across a recipe that called for green salsa verde and garbanzo beans and I think pork.  I have the recipe somewhere in my recipe collection.  At any rate, I wanted a soup with green salsa verde and rice.  I love rice, especially jasmine, it's so aromatic.
So I modified another recipe I found, I used ground chicken, broth, a jar of salsa verde, onion, cannellini beans, and cumin.  Oh and jasmine rice!


Oops, forgot the cumin!


Here is the recipe:

1 jar of salsa verde, any variety
1 lb of ground chicken
1 red onion
32 oz chicken broth
1 can cannellini beans rinsed
2 cups of prepared jasmine rice
1/2 tsp cumin
cheddar cheese for garnish

Prepare Jasmine rice as directed in a separate pan.  Brown ground chicken with onion, add broth, beans, salsa, cumin, and prepared rice.  Simmer for about 5 mins and serve with cheese.



Enjoy!
Happy Good Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment