To start, I put the largest plate as my base layer and inverted a glass candlestick. I was careful to find the center of my plate and I used E6000 glue. I wouldn't recommend soaking in water after assembly, it could affect the adhesive properties of the glue.
After I glued the top of candlestick (which is actually the bottom of the candlestick), I flipped the base and candlestick over on the base of my middle plate. I did this because I wanted to be sure I was in the center of the middle plate. After I glued them and let it rest a bit, I flipped it back over for the final tier.
The top tier is shown below. I put it together first before gluing it the middle tier.
Here is the completed piece. It's best to let it set up overnight. And definitely use ventilation if using E6000, it's very strong-smelling.
|I made several pieces.|
Or for me and my cluttered findings:
I love this idea and plan to make more. :)