Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Using leftover mac n cheese...

My kids love mac n cheese.  My hubby loves mac n cheese.  I love mac n cheese.  However, no one likes mac n cheese leftovers.  It's a dried gooey clump of nasty!  You know, it doesn't even retain its cheesy taste.   But I hate throwing it away!

So, I came up with a recipe to use that leftover mac n cheese, it makes a thick soup:

one can of diced tomatoes
one large container of chicken stock (32 oz)
one jar of Bertolli's brand Four Cheese Rosa sauce
leftover mac n cheese any amount - if you have a very large batch, double the other ingredients
Heat it in a large pot and break up the mac n cheese while it warms.


That's it!  If you want even more flavor, you can add chunks of chicken, white beans, and spinach.  I do occasionally, spice it up with red pepper flakes, basil, oregano, and minced garlic (or powder). 
It tastes good and everybody seems to like it.  And I don't have to throw away food!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment